Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Insomnia


I don't remember when I first started experiencing insomnia. I have always been a night owl and hated mornings so in some ways, I didn't think that I had insomnia – I just have a different sleep pattern than others.

I do know that as I've gotten older, my insomnia seems to have worsened. Perhaps it’s too many distractions in the bedroom. And, by that mean the cell phone that is within arm’s reach, the snoring husband or the very loud fan he needs to have blowing on him. Oh, did I mention the husband also has restless leg syndrome, at least I have diagnosed with this ailment. There are times it looks as though he’s running a marathon – all while lying in bed.

I know I have some former workmates that would argue that I pay too much attention to the phone. Hey, who doesn't send out emails at 3 a.m.? Hey, it's about that time now as I'm typing this copy. 


So as I contemplate counting sheep or writing another blogpost. What do you do to get yourself some zzz’s? Warm milk? Tranquil music? Ahhhh . . . Okay, sleepy now . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Please use your name so I know who's talking! :)