Friday, July 26, 2013

Girls Weekend

There are times in life that everyone needs a break. Many people go fishing, listen to music, read a book or go for a jog. I think all of that is well and good, but my idea of getting away from everything is having a weekend with the girls.

Me (cetner) with my childhood friends (left to right) , Bev, Tammy and Mary.
My friends – Mary, Bev and Tammy – are three people that I’ve known for decades. They know what I’ve been through, they know my moods, they know what makes me tick – and I know all this about them. I’ve been in their weddings, been there for births and deaths and they for me.

We’ll sit around, drink a little wine, eat some snacks and try to get out of our pajamas at some point. We’ll, of course, do all of this while talking about the trials and tribulations of being mothers of teenagers. Of course, the husbands think that it’s a bunch of hens getting together to cackle and gossip. I like to think it’s a lot cheaper than going to therapy on a regular basis.


Looking forward to good times, good chats and good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Please use your name so I know who's talking! :)